Size is reduced when printing, why?!?

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
Exclavius

Size is reduced when printing, why?!?

Post by Exclavius »

Hi

Just installed your software, and after printing the first copy and taking a quick look at it, i was quite impressed.

So, I continued to print about 30 more pages, all full page images... Well in that printing, i think i wasted more than this software could ever save me, and i felt I had to register here to tell you.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of the images was shrunk by, i'm guessing, about 5 to 7 percent!

So, not one of the pages fit into the frames i had for them.
All in the garbage now.

FastStone image viewer's printing options (which is my image viewer/printer of choice) lets me pick the exact size i want the image to be, and without GreenCloud Printer installed they print out perfectly that size. But for whatever reason it does not maintain that size with GreenCloud.

I'd be interested to know if there is a setting that is auto-set to reduce the image sizes that i missed (and why it would be set on by default) or if it is a flaw in the software.

Either way, I'm not a happy user at this time, i've just thrown away about 30 to 40 bucks worth of ink, which i can very little afford (hence the reason i installed this software in the first place)

My printer is a Brother MFC-J425W

Just ran a measurement and some math shows it was a 3.8% reduction in size, it was supposed to 10.38 inches and instead was 10.00 width
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

it's general printing software, not specialized in images, did you read anything about this ? the product description is focusing on 2 pages per page, two side printing, etc.. so I don't know what you have printed but indeed, it's nothing specialized for image editing ( where any option to reduce ink will affect the quality too )

now, if you are "stupid" enough to use a software on 30 pages at once, instead of testing it on a single page first.. well.. what could we say.

in the other hand, thanks for having shared your experience, we weren't expecting it to be used like that.
flogger123

Post by flogger123 »

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you recommend a specific software for doing this instead?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

to do what exactly ?