Light Image Resizer FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions about Light Image Resizer:
- I don't want to resize. How do I just change the image format?
Select the second profile from top, called <Original Resolution>. Then in the General options, select the format you want to convert to. You may have to switch to full interface if you don't see it (check #1 above).
- How do I output my images to a subfolder of the original folder?
As Destination enter a dot, followed by a backslash, and then the folder name, e.g.: .\Resized
- Why does Light Image Resizer create .bak files?
By default, backups are created whenever files are overwritten in the current version. This behavior can be turned off via settings (see Processing tab).
- How do I get correct dimensions for images in portrait and lanscape mode?
Light Image Resizer will take care of the orientation for you, if you enable "Adjust resolution for portrait" on the Misc tab (under Advanced).
- Is it possible to use the same date of the original file?
Yes, enable the option "Keep original file date" on the Misc tab (under Advanced).
- I can't start processing because of the "Recreate folder structure on destination" option?
If this option is enabled, you need to specify a full path (e.g. C:\Pictures\Christmas). If you want to overwrite originals, just disable "Recreate folder structure on destination" (see Settings, General).
- Why doesn't Light Image Resizer ask for a profile name when saving?
Earlier versions had a different behavior when saving a profile. If you want to create a copy of an existing profile, see the next question.
If you prefer the old behavior, open this zipped registry file, and apply its changes: Attachment 233
- How can I create a copy of an existing profile, or rename it?
Select the profile you want to copy, then right-click it and choose Create Copy or Rename.
- How can I backup/export my profiles?
Click the settings button, and select the Advanced tab. Here you will be able to import and export your profiles.
- How can I install Light Image Resizer unattended (e.g. for deployment)?
Either you can use the MSI installer, or run setup using the /silent parameter, e.g.: light_image_resizer4_setup.exe /silent
If you want no interface at all, use the /verysilent parameter.
- I can't / don't want to install Light Image Resizer on my system. Is there a portable app?
Download the portable version of Light Image Resizer here: ResizerPortable.zip
- Where can I find the log file?
The log file is named "ImageResizer.log" and is placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ObviousIdea
In case the application crashes, the log will be named "ImageResizer_crash_PIDxxxx.log", where xxxx is the Process ID.
- Can Light Image Resizer be used via command line?
Yes, several command line parameters are available. For a complete list and examples please refer to switches.txt in the installation folder.