How to use GreenCloud Printer - Different options

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
Celine [ObviousIdea]

How to use GreenCloud Printer - Different options

Post by Celine [ObviousIdea] »

First you need to install GreenCloud Printer:
http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... d-printer/

Now GreenCloud Printer will be your new default printer (if selected during installation).

Open a document you want to print, select "GreenCloud Printer", and click the "Print" button:
greencloud printer select printer.jpg
greencloud printer select printer.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 30567 times

Now the program window will open and you have different possibilities:

Remove unwanted pages
GreenCloud previews your print job before you submit it to your printer. Using the preview of each page, you can choose to remove or add a page by clicking the upper right icon on each page. Just click on it, to toggle the action to print/not print, or double click a page to toggle even faster.
greencloud printer print no print.jpg
greencloud printer print no print.jpg (19.57 KiB) Viewed 28548 times
Pages which will not be printed appear in red.
GreenCloud Printer automatically detects pages with few lines (this can be disabled in settings).

Group pages per sheet
Sometimes you need to print something to take it with you (like a hotel reservation), or to review it (like a contract), or just to archive it. So you could easily print 2 or 4 pages per sheet of paper, it is available by 1 click for this job only with these buttons. You will have a massive saving of paper (divided by 2 or 4).
greencloud printer groupe 2 or 4 pages.jpg
greencloud printer groupe 2 or 4 pages.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 28379 times

Tune your ink usage
The best way to save some ink without any pain, is to turn pure black to a grey tone. It doesn’t affect the overall quality, GreenCloud will detect the colored text and replace it with grey. 100% (none option) will not change anything, and 50% (high option) will be a silver grey tone. We recommend using 75% (medium option) to save ink.
greencloud printer ink saving option.jpg
greencloud printer ink saving option.jpg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 28247 times

Duplex printing
Double the saving by using both sides of the paper sheet. A lot of printers have this feature, and are able to automatically print on each side. But most people don’t know how to activate the feature, or would prefer to use it on some jobs only. With the Duplex option, you can activate and deactivate the printer option in one click !
greencloud printer 2 sides on off.jpg
greencloud printer 2 sides on off.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 28239 times

Do not Print
The most effective way to save ink, toner, paper, trees or money is to not print. That’s why GreenCloud offers various options to directly share your document in PDF format (it will convert it for you), then you can email it, send it to Dropbox or Google Docs. More options are available for corporations, just contact us if you want to plug GreenCloud to your own backoffice.
greencloud printer pdf send dropbox google docs minus option.jpg
greencloud printer pdf send dropbox google docs minus option.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 28055 times
Finally, each time you will use GreenCloud Printer you will have the opportunity to save paper and ink and you will be rewarded for it !
greencloud printer reward.jpg
greencloud printer reward.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 27990 times

In case of problems please check the GreenCloud Printer FAQ!
paolo

Post by paolo »

All my compliments for this great software.
Currently I'm not being able to send my pages by email (I want to send them to my Evernote account).
I use chrome and gmail and I've set gmail as my default email client, but I get this message: "Unable to detect default email client".
Could you please help me?
Thanks a lot.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

yes gmail isn't really a email client ( it is not a app ) so that's probably why it doesn't work. it will work only with outlook or other thunderbird.
in the same time, we were considering to add evernote in the output, do you think it will make sense ?
Kit Johnson

Post by Kit Johnson »

I can not use green cloud to print coupons because it says it is not a direct printer...if thier anyway to use the ink-saving capabilities of green cloud but still have it work like a direct printer??
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

what program / service are you printing this coupons on ? they really worked hard to detect the printer target and so, we don't know how to fake a physical printer for this program. So at least, we need to know how to reproduce your case with the details of what you are using to print coupons.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

If you have any problems be sure to check out the new [thread=1493]FAQ thread[/thread]!