actual print output missing text that appeared in Greencloud preview

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
avi

actual print output missing text that appeared in Greencloud preview

Post by avi »

printing from HanDBase application, XP SP3 machine to an HP OfficeJet Pro 8610.

Direct printing from HanDBase renders all fields as expected, and the preview in Greencloud looks right, but if I send to the HP printer from GreenCloud, text that is numeric doesn't show and the rectangular boxes on the table are of different proportions than what appeared in the preview.

ideas?
TIA,
-avi
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

I just checked using their demo version, and indeed some text doesn't print with GreenCloud. Right now I don't have a fix I'm afraid. Some parts of the text are printed using specific commands that are not compatible with GreenCloud. I'll post back if I have any other news.
avi

Post by avi »

Phil, thanks so much for checking. Now that HP no longer include the preview function in the drivers for their new printers, I'm sure they sell a LOT more ink....

I'm guessing here, but I think the source of the problem may be that Handbase doesn't use UNICODE encoding for its data, having been created for the original Palm Pilots, and simply updated for new platforms since then. I wonder if there's a way around this?

If you manage to find a way to let me use GreenCloud in my situation, please let me know.
avi

Post by avi »

Aliraza70 wrote:It's strange, I can't reproduce the problem here. Except with a proxy that doesn't connect to Google at all (even in IE).????
Ali, were you trying with output from HanDBase?