PDA

View Full Version : Keep album private when uploading?

cashonly
04-24-2013, 10:27 AM
I have the version of Easy Uploader that allows me to upload to my FB page. I use it to both create and load the album. Is there any way that I can have Easy Uploader create the album as private and then change it to public when everything is uploaded?

Phil
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Usually, when you create an album with Easy Photo Uploader, you can set its privacy. Facebook doesn't allow it for page albums though, so they will always be public.

cashonly
04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Where do you specify "Self"? I see a dropdown that has "Friends Only", but it's grayed out.

Phil
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
You're probably referring to my original post. I edited it after I saw you were talking about pages. In contrast to normal albums, Facebook doesn't allow the privacy to be changed for page albums. That's why the option is unavailable.

cashonly
04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Bummer! The annoying thing is that my album gets posted to my Page's wall (and followers feeds) before I'm ready for it to be there. And I often have to post to many albums, so they get one for each album which can be a case of overposting. I'd rather get them uploaded and then just post the links on my page. Any idea/suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Phil
04-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately no. AFAIK it's not possible to avoid the album being posted to the wall.