Face Book opt-in error code:100

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
Robert Hibbard

Face Book opt-in error code:100

Post by Robert Hibbard »

An error occurred. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 100
API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: Please migrate to OAuth2 and use new /dialog/oauth endpoint. return_session is no longer available.

this is the error received when I try and connect using the PHP opt-in for facebook. I have an app setup, I have entered my Mailchimp api code, and copied the php file to the template folder.

Any Suggestions?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi Robert,

can you give me the url of your website ? also wich version of WPS do you use ?
Robert Hibbard

Post by Robert Hibbard »

Jean-Christophe Bisoux wrote:Hi Robert,

can you give me the url of your website ? also wich version of WPS do you use ?
http://www.ezbc.net I took it down since it has not worked. I can implement the general form, but the facebook does not seem to want to complete. I am using iis7 as my server. I will add a link on my website with just the form added for you to access. I will put it as a menu item as Members. My Word Press version is 3.42 I also am using Headway Themes.
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

It seems there is other facebook instance loading, can you try to desactivate other plugin that use facebook to see if the without it the connection works ?
Robert Hibbard

Post by Robert Hibbard »

Jean-Christophe Bisoux wrote:It seems there is other facebook instance loading, can you try to desactivate other plugin that use facebook to see if the without it the connection works ?
ok i will give that a try, i have WPFACEPages loaded as well.
Robert Hibbard

Post by Robert Hibbard »

Still with same error.
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Hi,

is it posible to have a temporary admin account, it will be easier for me to find the solution ?

you can send me the login with this form http://www.wpsubscribers.com/contact-us

Regards,
Robert Hibbard

Post by Robert Hibbard »

sent the user information to you.
flogger123

Post by flogger123 »

Hi Robert, I'm just curious if you were able to resolve this. Or any work around so far?
Ben Hammond

Post by Ben Hammond »

I was having the exact same issue with the error code, but now the button simply redirects people to their facebook timeline.

How can I proceed?

URL's for you to check::

http://www.shop.sportmarker.com
http://www.greenmi.net

Thank You for helping resolve this. It is the primary way my subscribers have been signing up for my mailing lists.
Ben Hammond

Post by Ben Hammond »

I sent you my user info as well. Thanks in advance for your help :)
Ben Hammond

Post by Ben Hammond »

flogger123 wrote:Hi Robert, I'm just curious if you were able to resolve this. Or any work around so far?
I worked around it by switching to the traditional connect method from the php connect method.

I loved the php method as I was able to put my personal subscribe button on any external website and have the user sign up for my newsletter from dozens of different sites instead of just my own.

I hope this will be fixed in future updates as it doesn't seem to play nicely with the new FB updates (hence the "error code: 100" that we were seeing).

Jean-Christophe was great with providing me timely email support. Thanks team for helping me clear this up! ;)