Out of memory.

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

curiousmike

Out of memory.

Post by curiousmike »

I found Light Image Resizer after looking at numerous "resize my jpg" solutions online; the primary reason I went with it is because it could create copies and keep the path in tact.
i.e.,
c:\original\2010\aug 6\*.jpg
could be resized and saved to
d:\copy\2010\aug 6\resized*.jpg

I have ~32,000 photos over 11 years - I wanted to create a smaller backup set of files that could fit on a single DVD or two ( and I also have 20gigs of FTP space to backup).

For my first resize, I had the program resize all my photos to 1024x768 (or suitable aspect.)
It completed, but I came in at around 5GB - just too big for a single DVD.

So, I tried 800x600.
And the program runs out of memory - I think it's running out of memory because it's filling up it's log with "Error saving c:\800\path\*.jpg" messages.
During the 1024 conversion, it did not have the "error saving" messages.

There is plenty of disk space ( 400 GB )

Other errors include "error loading "c:\source\path\file.jpg" and a few skipped TIF's.
Looking at task manager, my 1GB ram system is currently down to 3MB of RAM free (as I try this again.)
I'm running Windows 7 64bit on my home server ( an Intel D510 )

Free memory when starting the program was ~800MB.

When I first had the out of memory issue, there was an option to send an error report but it said it failed to post it to your http server.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Hello, can you post your log file(s)? You will find them here (just enter or paste in Explorer, and it will take you there):
%AppData%\ObviousIdea

Look for ImageResizer.log and any crash log that may exist (ImageResizer_crash_PIDxxx.log).

If there are several, please zip them.