ZIP different than Create Copies

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

BWeaver

ZIP different than Create Copies

Post by BWeaver »

Hello,

I have a single job folder with many subdirectories of images. When I use Create Copies LIR puts a new folder in each subdirectory that contains the resized images for that directory (that's what I want). When I use the ZIP action however I end up with only one zip file. When that ZIP is uncompressed it contains the images from the first directory then a long path of folders that recreate the directory structure starting with a folder for C_ drive. This long path
C:\Users\bdweaver\Desktop\ORIG\CMYK\100-101 Folder\Links\LOW_RES_ORIGINALS\C_\Users\bdweaver\Desktop\ORIG\CMYK
is very confusing. Am I missing a setting or something here? I would expect it to work like the Create Copies option and put a ZIP archive in each of the image folders containing the resized images from that subdirectory.
Long story short: Create Copies on a folder full or subdirectories does what I want except I want all the new resized directories ZIP'ed into an archive.
Is this possible?

Regards,
Brant Weaver
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Hi Brant,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean, and I will check if it's possible to include only the relevant part of the original path in the zip file.
BWeaver

Post by BWeaver »

Phil wrote:Hi Brant,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean, and I will check if it's possible to include only the relevant part of the original path in the zip file.

Any luck with this Phil?
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Yes, please try with this new binary:
EDIT: link removed, use latest version

Just extract to installation folder, replacing the old file.
BWeaver

Post by BWeaver »

That seems to fix the biggest issue I'm trying to work around. Thank you very much!
ImageResizer is putting the ZIP file in the first subdirectory of the folder I right click on (using quick profiles). Would it be possible to put the ZIP file in the root of the directory I right click on?
Even better (and I know this is asking too much) but 1 ZIP in each subdirectory containing only the images for that directory would be EXACTLY what I need!! Does that make sense? If I right click on a root folder containing 5 subdirectories ImageResizer would put 1 ZIP file in each directory containing the resized images for just that directory. So I would end up with 5 ZIP files in 5 different directories.

Thanks for all your help and keep up the great work!!!
Regards
Brant