Thread: ZIP different than Create Copies

BWeaver

ZIP different than Create Copies

Hello,

I have a single job folder with many subdirectories of images. When I use Create Copies LIR puts a new folder in each subdirectory that contains the resized images for that directory (that's what I want). When I use the ZIP action however I end up with only one zip file. When that ZIP is uncompressed it contains the images from the first directory then a long path of folders that recreate the directory structure starting with a folder for C_ drive. This long path
    C:\Users\bdweaver\Desktop\ORIG\CMYK\100-101 Folder\Links\LOW_RES_ORIGINALS\C_\Users\bdweaver\D esktop\ORIG\CMYK
    is very confusing. Am I missing a setting or something here? I would expect it to work like the Create Copies option and put a ZIP archive in each of the image folders containing the resized images from that subdirectory.
    Long story short: Create Copies on a folder full or subdirectories does what I want except I want all the new resized directories ZIP'ed into an archive.
    Is this possible?

Regards,
    Brant Weaver

Hi Brant,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean, and I will check if it's possible to include only the relevant part of the original path in the zip file.

BWeaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hi Brant,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean, and I will check if it's possible to include only the relevant part of the original path in the zip file.
    Any luck with this Phil?

Yes, please try with this new binary:
    EDIT: link removed, use latest version

Just extract to installation folder, replacing the old file.

BWeaver
    That seems to fix the biggest issue I'm trying to work around. Thank you very much!
    ImageResizer is putting the ZIP file in the first subdirectory of the folder I right click on (using quick profiles). Would it be possible to put the ZIP file in the root of the directory I right click on?
    Even better (and I know this is asking too much) but 1 ZIP in each subdirectory containing only the images for that directory would be EXACTLY what I need!! Does that make sense? If I right click on a root folder containing 5 subdirectories ImageResizer would put 1 ZIP file in each directory containing the resized images for just that directory. So I would end up with 5 ZIP files in 5 different directories.

Thanks for all your help and keep up the great work!!!
    Regards
    Brant