Feature requests

Easy Photo Uploader for Facebook, a shell extension for Windows to share photo album with Facebook without the need to be connected to the Facebook web site
Austen Evans

Feature requests

Post by Austen Evans »

Maybe if everyone who requests a new feature posts in one place that might make it easier for the developers to keep track of them :) ??

Request ...........

I like how you are able to "Save" your FB account so that you don't have to specify your account each time, could we please have something similar for which album the photos are to go into.....Something like...

"Use previous album"

Many thanks,

Austen.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

You want to have the album be remembered and pre-selected in the list, that's it?
Austen Evans

Post by Austen Evans »

Phil wrote:You want to have the album be remembered and pre-selected in the list, that's it?
Yes please, That's just what I was trying to say !

On the subject of suggestions, another user asked if there was a way to NOT resize / compress / modify photos that are being uploaded, and someone replied that there didn't seem to be a way to turn the resize / compress / modify "feature" off.

Is this possible ?

Thanks.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Ok, we'll consider it for a future release!

Uploading without modification is only possible to a certain degree, as Facebook will always recompress photos. If you select "high resolution" though, images will only be downscaled if they are larger than Facebook's limit (2048 px). So this option will give you the best quality! See this post: http://forum.obviousidea.com/threads/12 ... o-Uploader
jwerner74

Post by jwerner74 »

I really enjoy the Easy Photo Uploader. Simple, no-nonsense application for one particular purpose.

I do however have a feature request that I feel would make the program even handier:

How about a method to be able to select multiple, non-contiguous files without having to hold down the control key? Two ways that I've seen this sort of feature implemented in other programs is by having a check-box next to each thumbnail that you would check for the pictures you want to upload, or a "tray" area of the window where you drag the files you want to upload. I've often accidentally let go of the control key in the middle of choosing a bunch of files, and then lost all of my previous selections.

Thank you so much for creating a great little piece of software!
cashonly

Be able to have customized descriptions for photos

Post by cashonly »

Something that would be really beneficial would be able to have customized descriptions for logos that access the filename and exif info on the photo to be used as a macro in a text description.

For example, let's say I have a list of files that I'm uploading with names like IMG_0001.jpg thru IMG_1234.jpg

When you go to do the upload, in the settings, have a field to enter a Description which would be applied to all the photos being uploaded. In the description, which is standard text, you would be able to type in macro codes that access info about the photo. For example, let's say you had this as a description:

This photo is from the party on ($FD). You can see ($JPC) in it. If you want a hi resolution version of it, click here: http://www.sendmypics.com/sendpicsapp.php?$($FNT) and you can have it sent to you.

And the resulting description in facebook might look like this:
This photo is from the party on 10-01-12. You can see Mark Jacobs goofing around in it. If you want a hi resolution version of it, click here: http://www.sendmypics.com/sendpicsapp.php?$IMG_0786 and you can have it sent to you.

This would also allow the ability to generate a clickable link in the description. Right now, you can put text in a description with creative file naming, but not on a mass scale and not clickable links because '/' and '?' are not acceptable characters in Windows filenames.

In this example, there are three macros:
($FD) = FileDate
($FNT) = FileName Title (the filename without the extension
($JPC) = Jpeg Comment from the EXIF info

For me, the most important macro item would be the filename title. But you could have macros for anything available in the EXIF info or the Windows file info.

Anoher example:

This photo is from the party on ($FD). You can see ($JPC) in it. Click here to rate this photo on a scale of 1-10: http://www.mypics.com/photratingapp.php?$($FNT) and see what others think.

And the resulting description in facebook might look like this:
This photo is from the party on 10-01-12. You can see Mark Jacobs goofing around in it. Click here to rate this photo on a scale of 1-10: http://www.mypics.com/photoratingapp.php?$IMG_0786 and see what others think.

The link could do something like generate a popup window for them to rate the photo and then display how it ranks based on other people's ratings. Lots of possibilities.

This would be REALLY helpful!!!
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Yeah, I think it could make a nice addition! We might add something like this in an upcoming release.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

make sense. you are not the only one to ask for this, it just need to be justified to have more people to buy the pro version for these features to be implemented.