warmarking with exif data

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

splinterpicker

warmarking with exif data

Post by splinterpicker »

I would like to know how to modify the following string , " %Exif.DateMod[m/d/yy h:nn:ss AM/PM]%" used to water mark my photos, to be used with cell phone photos that have only date created , no modified date , that the above string uses.

Thanks in advance

Splinter
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

The EXIF information can contain 3 different dates you can use for your watermark:

Modification Date: %Exif.DateMod%
Recording Date: %Exif.DateRec%
Digitized Date: %Exif.DateDgt%

Usually, the camera or phone will store the date and time when the photo was taken as recording date.
So in your case you would use this: %Exif.DateRec[m/d/yy h:nn:ss AM/PM]%
splinterpicker

Post by splinterpicker »

The attachment exifdata.JPG is no longer available
Phil wrote:The EXIF information can contain 3 different dates you can use for your watermark:

Modification Date: %Exif.DateMod%
Recording Date: %Exif.DateRec%
Digitized Date: %Exif.DateDgt%

Usually, the camera or phone will store the date and time when the photo was taken as recording date.
So in your case you would use this: %Exif.DateRec[m/d/yy h:nn:ss AM/PM]%
Please see attached for the data that is embedded in the photo when I used the string sujested it gave an N/A water mark on the photo is there a "create" string ??

Thanks again in advance

Splinter
Attachments
exifdata.JPG
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Hm, I guess the dates shown are the basic file creation and modification date, not from EXIF metadata. Right now, Light Image Resizer only supports EXIF dates.
I can note it as a feature request, but it will take some time until the next version is released.