Required Fields in opt in forms

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
john.vas

Required Fields in opt in forms

Post by john.vas »

Hey guys,

awesome plugin. I'm having troubles to make it fully fits our demands...

First of all- multilingual: we're using it in Arabic websites as well and the NAME and EMAIL appears in English while the extra fields I've added under "Other fields" are correct cause I'm controlling them (هاتف, phone | بلد,country)

Second, how can we made the "Other fields" required so the user won't get to the post action unless the fields are there... and this brings me to the third and very important issue (Third,) we need to validate the user inputs (check if correct email convention, check if phone field is with X numeric characters, not empty and even if there's an option to choose country from a predefined list...).

Much thanks for your reply

John
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi John,

For "The Name" and "The email" it's an option in "Other Setting", you can change change the text.

Normally for the 2 and 3 it's in the mail list program (aweber, mailchimp,...) that you can configure if the field is required and if it's correct, if you would like this in WP, you must code it in Javascript in the "Custom jQuery" part

Regards,
JC
john.vas

Post by john.vas »

Heya,
Thanks for the quick reply!

Where's the "Custom jQuery" box? Do you mean the "Code Detector" box?
What about using PHP variables inside? is it possible?

Thanks
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Hi John,

no it's not the code detector, it's directly in the popup, if you would like more field, you must use the "custom popup" in the template and after that you have a "Custom CSS" and "Custom jQuery"
It's only javascript, which kind of php variable you would like to use ?

JC
john.vas

Post by john.vas »

Hey,
Just to let you know there were many errors when trying to use the custom javascript/css.
We had to overcome them and it took a while.
Thanks for assisting!

John
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

HI John,

what kind of error do you have ? Is it posible to have a screenshot, link, ... ?

JC