a welcome word for translator of VSO / Light Image Resizer

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

Fabrice
ObviousIdea

a welcome word for translator of VSO / Light Image Resizer

Post by Fabrice »

Dear All,

I am Fabrice Meuwissen, CEO of http://www.ObviousIdea.com , some of you already worked with me when I was CEO at VSO-Software, and I m glad to have the opportunity to work with you again.

As you could read on the announcement :
http://www.obviousidea.com/obviousidea- ... s-release/

It means, we will have to edit all the translation for changing the product name, the reference to VSO-Software needs to be replaced by ObviousIdea and probably some things we will discover doing the work.

thanks for all which will support again the product in the start of his new life.
Tabo8226

Post by Tabo8226 »

We have Already translated VSO's Image Resizer and we want to integrate this translation in to obviousidea's Light Resizer
what i should do?
Celine [ObviousIdea]

Post by Celine [ObviousIdea] »

Hi,

For the first release , the product will be only renamed ( vso image resizer -> Light Image Resizer ) and any reference of VSO-Software will have to be updated to reflect the new company links and name. That’s all for the start.
Of course We have new products coming. One of them is already in Delphi, but we will use the same component than VSO to create translation.
For the web site itself, it will be first only in English, but we will use probably wordpress plugin to allow the translation to new language.

We hope to start the customization job this week end, not sure how long it will take to create a batch to rename everything in the product, translations and installation script.

Thanks,
mano2

Post by mano2 »

'Celine [ObviousIdea wrote:]Hi,

For the first release , the product will be only renamed ( vso image resizer -> Light Image Resizer ) and any reference of VSO-Software will have to be updated to reflect the new company links and name. That’s all for the start.
Of course We have new products coming. One of them is already in Delphi, but we will use the same component than VSO to create translation.
For the web site itself, it will be first only in English, but we will use probably wordpress plugin to allow the translation to new language.

We hope to start the customization job this week end, not sure how long it will take to create a batch to rename everything in the product, translations and installation script.

Thanks,
Hi! What should we do with the links that points to the VSO website? (http://www.vso-software.fr/)

I downloaded the latest version and started to translate all the strings that needed updating and found some links.
[ Laszlo Olah ]
[ Hungarian translation ]
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

Dear all, the first version with all the links and basic information has been updated and available here :

http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... e-resizer/

All links pointing to vso-software are supposed to have been updated, please let me know if you detect any mistakes
mano2

Post by mano2 »

Thank you! :)

Just one quick question! If I translated the VSO Image Resizer can I use the translated language file for Light Image Resizer or I have to download this version you linked and translate it again?
[ Laszlo Olah ]
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

you won't have to translate again, just get this version and your work has been used already and updated, . it is more to be sure you will review it, but you don't need the past file from vso package in theory
mano2

Post by mano2 »

Admin wrote:you won't have to translate again, just get this version and your work has been used already and updated, . it is more to be sure you will review it, but you don't need the past file from vso package in theory

Thank you! I'm now downloading this new version! :)
[ Laszlo Olah ]
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

new graphics mainly and just to move the registry keys, name etc.. no new feature for now :) so please report any strange things you can meet
mano2

Post by mano2 »

Admin wrote:new graphics mainly and just to move the registry keys, name etc.. no new feature for now :) so please report any strange things you can meet

New version downloaded, translation updtated and everything is working fine! Beautiful. :)
[ Laszlo Olah ]
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

we have posted last night a new version of PhotoonWeb :

http://download.obviousidea.com/photoon ... up_vso.exe
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

mano2 wrote:Hi! What should we do with the links that points to the VSO website? (http://www.vso-software.fr/)

I downloaded the latest version and started to translate all the strings that needed updating and found some links.

you shouldn't see vso-software.fr links in the current latest version from our own web site.
mano2

Post by mano2 »

I downloaded it a few days ago and I saw that the links are updated so problem solved.
[ Laszlo Olah ]
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

yes, and we have updated a new version replacing the vso updater by a easiest one. but a few strings needs to be translated

you can download the latest version here :
http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... e-resizer/

it is also possible to translater the web site, contact me in private message for instructions
krupers

Post by krupers »

Hi everybody,
because I see more than one translator :D I decided to ask about any Beta/Translators Lounge
to have newest pre-release version before it will be released and send translation file on time.
Is it possible, Because translation of releades version is not good - translation will be in next
version, but next version will have next untranslated strings, and so on, and so on...

What do You think and what is Your decision Fabrice? :)

I hope, that idea will be approved and we get our own lounge to have an access for newest
versions to test (for testers) and to translate? Or maybe You can attach newest file here,
we can download it and send You before it will be published in with installer on Website.
Best Regards - Arthur. Official Software Translator (into Polish)
Regards for all OI Users too :) - Krupers & RGBStudios
.:: "What we got with hard work, we love the most" - Seneka ::.
.:: "If You can understand the me, then I can understand the You" - E.C. ::.
Welcome to Krupers.pl - IT, ICT, Translations & HelpDesk