Popup Not Displaying

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
Sean Phillips

Popup Not Displaying

Post by Sean Phillips »

I realize that this has been asked a million times, but here we are.

http://www.OccasionalDrivel.com

I can't get the popups to work. Ever. I have gone though all the suggestions in the troubleshooting document without success.

Any new Suggestions?

Thanks, Sean
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi,

this issue is because your template use an old jquery version (1.7.1 now the las one is 1.11.1), try to update it

FYI it's better to use the jquery library directly from your wordpress to have the lastest one.

Regards,

JC
Sean Phillips

Post by Sean Phillips »

Jean-Christophe Bisoux wrote:Hi,

this issue is because your template use an old jquery version (1.7.1 now the las one is 1.11.1), try to update it

JC
Thanks. You should update the troubleshooting FAQ. It still mentions 1.7.1 as the required jquery version.
Sean Phillips

Post by Sean Phillips »

So I have updated my site to call 1.11.0 (I can't find a valid 1.11.1) and it still doesn't work. Wordpress currently ships with 1.10.2, and that doesn't work either. I have also tried calling the "latest" version directly from Google (1.10.2) and Jquery.com (1.9.1) with no better results. I went further and pulled the call to jquery out of my themes header and that didn't help either. If jquery is the issue then simply changing the version used doesn't seem to be the answer.

Any other thoughts?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Hi,
It's working for me, I copy your page here : http://www.wpsubscribers.com/test/OccasionalDrivel.html
I just replace 1.7.1 by 1.11.0

Regards,
JC
Sean Phillips

Post by Sean Phillips »

I've been through the source code from the version on your site to the original on mine line by line and the only significant difference is that yours has the popup code included and mine doesn't. Something is preventing wordpress from actually calling the plugin and I can't figure out what it is. Mine is correctly calling jquery 1.11.0 but that hasn't helped.

http://gyazo.com/9ff8a7b08edb0952d9d457683661c5a7

I have tried disabling any plugins that might conflict but nothing has helped. What else am I missing?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Can you try to clean you cookie, I see the popup on your live website
Capture d’écran 2014-03-04 à 20.34.48.jpg
Capture d’écran 2014-03-04 à 20.34.48.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Sean Phillips

Post by Sean Phillips »

Wow, thanks for sticking with me. I honestly tried it on 2 different computers (using Firefox and IE which I never use) and 2 mobile devices, and it never worked. Now it does... I appreciate your help.