previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Beta of Light Image Resizer 4.0.9.5

Post by Fabrice »

there is a new beta and we need your feedback about it :

http://download2.obviousidea.com/light_ ... 9.5_oc.exe

this new version include 2 differents code for the shell extension.
what is the shell menu for ? when you right click on a photo / image to resizer from the windows file explorer, windows is looking for the extension ( .jpg for exemple ) and can list some programs to manage them

the old code was low in the position of the right click menu, with a dll code, and some people were complaining they couldn't see it , or it was slow to load.

actually we implemented a new code , and the difference is the simplicity ( but not compatible with very old version of windows ) , it is on top position in the list and use the ico of the application ( orange tone with green arrows ) while the old code is a special ico ( with a lightning strike )

what we need is the confirmation the new code is visible, and the performance is as good if not better than the old shell extension.

BUT.. with this code we loose the opportunity to list the quick profile but it sounds a very few people were using it . so please let us know what you think about it.
mrkgee

Image Resizer Beta feedback

Post by mrkgee »

I posted this on your Facebook page and this topic is exactly the problem -

" I like the 4.1.1 EXCEPT it has put a 'Light Image Resizer' in the Windows Fax & Picture Viewer right click context in addition to the shell context menu. How can I remove it ? I accidentally click it sometimes instead of 'refresh thumbnail' and stall the computer because it attempts to open 50 resizer windows instead of the usual one with the old right click. Even if I disable it in context, it only removes the normal right click which I WANT to use, not the one next to "Preview, Edit, Print, Refresh Thumbnail' Then I have to do a hard shut off to restart the computer. HELP ! "

First off, I have Windows XP SP3. In the older Light Image Resizer versions, when the dll was in low position of right click menu, I could select, say 20 images (which I often do), right click 'Light Image Resizer' to open the program, and resize all 20 at once in one window. PERFECT !

Now, as you say in this thread, the 2nd dll is installed in the Windows Picture & Fax right click up high under 'Preview', 'Edit' and above 'Print', Refresh Thumbnail' clicks. If I accidentally click it (instead of Refresh Thumbnail, which I often use) for 20 images, it will attempt to open TWENTY Light Image Resizer windows, one for each picture, instead of one window, which will stall the computer to a HALT and I have to do a hard power shutoff to reset the machine. Reinstalling the program and un-checking the integrate with Context Menu option doesn't even get rid of this 'upper' dll, only the lower position one which is the only one I really want to use.

Bottom line, in the next version, I would like to see the upper dll eliminated, as it is redundant and an unintentional click can cause a major inconvenience or lost data. The orig low position right click is FINE and the only one that is needed. Having to look for it occasionally is not a major user problem and having the opportunity to list a quick profile is a bonus compared to only being able to use the upper position right click dll for one picture at a time.

Thanks for listening and I hope you take my suggestion for future 4.1.1 upgrades. I was a VSO version user for many years and am otherwise happy to use the new product as my only resizer but this 'improvement' is of no practical value.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

the upper dll is the new one, so it won't be removed because the 2nd dll was just too low in the list when you have a lot of context menu tools, I don't know any way to not display the dll. Honestly I don't see where and how you see it, a screenshot will help a lot.
mrkgee

Post by mrkgee »

Admin wrote:the upper dll is the new one, so it won't be removed because the 2nd dll was just too low in the list when you have a lot of context menu tools, I don't know any way to not display the dll. Honestly I don't see where and how you see it, a screenshot will help a lot.
In XP, go to any picture folder. In the top menu bar, click 'View', click 'thumbnail'. Now, right click any thumbnail, better yet, select a group of 20 and right click.
Now, you'll see the upper dll is seen at the top of the menu- under 'Preview', 'Edit' and above 'Print', Refresh Thumbnail'. Now click Light Image Resizer and you'll see what the problem is. The program will try to open 20 windows instead of one which halts the computer.

If you click the lower one, the program will operate correctly and open the 20 pictures in one window which is how the older versions behaved. I use that a lot because I may have 20 or 50 pictures to resize at once.
If it can't be removed, it should be modified to have the same function as the lower dll- open ONE program window, not one window for each picture.

As I said, my screen capture won't capture a right click. Thanks for your fast response
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

ok need to find a xp computer to see what happens , I understand you complains about opening 20 windows instead of 1 .. and I agree on this part, maybe can be fixed.
mrkgee

Post by mrkgee »

Admin wrote:ok need to find a xp computer to see what happens , I understand you complains about opening 20 windows instead of 1 .. and I agree on this part, maybe can be fixed.
Thanks again, let me know what you find out. Otherwise the product is great and I recommend it to many friends to resize pictures for emailing and Facebook !
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks :) we are just very busy on the new product greencloud printer, what do you think of this new one ? http://www.greencloudprinter.com
mrkgee

Post by mrkgee »

Admin wrote:ok need to find a xp computer to see what happens , I understand you complains about opening 20 windows instead of 1 .. and I agree on this part, maybe can be fixed.
Just downloaded the latest ver 4.1.1.5 today after the update prompt and the issue has been FIXED !! Now, when I select a group of pictures, they are opened in ONE window just like opening the program and dragging the pictures into the box. I just sent a bunch of pictures in an email and it worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for listening to your Users !
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for confirming the issue is fixed, I will notify users with update notification this week end.