(Request) Thumbnail Preview?

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

gate1975mlm

(Request) Thumbnail Preview?

Post by gate1975mlm »

Hello,

Can you add a option for a "Thumbnail Preview" in the Windows Explorer context menu when right clicking on photos? Also with the option to change the size of the Thumbnail in the context menu.

There is a program called SageThumbs that has this feature however Light Image Resizer is way better but missing this handy feature.

Here is an example of what I mean.

gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Also can you add a "Send Image by Email" and "Send Thumbnail by Email" to the context menu?

Also how about adding an option for a "Sub menu" with these options? Like in the screenshot I posted above from that another program?

Thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for making this suggestion.
for now , we aren't very active to add features in Light Image Resizer but we will consider a big update of the engine, and as you have noticed we have used a new piece of code to handle the right click / context menu.

could you tell me why you like this feature ? ( I mean the photo are also available as thumbnails in the windows file explorer ) , is it to have a preview of a resized job ? see what could be the thumbnail view for a given resolution etc ?

it will help us to define the feature and see how it could be compatible with a lot of users.
JamesYoung

Post by JamesYoung »

Hi.I checked Light Image Resizer and I can frankly say just superb..I like this suggestions. This can make easy to share an images to others. Hope for the next update.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

I m opened to any suggestions but I would prefer if you could give more information about how you will use it.
for example to quickly share several images, we have started a new product named photolikr which allows both the sort, rating and sharing of photos to a web ( private or not ) gallery.
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Admin wrote:thanks for making this suggestion.
for now , we aren't very active to add features in Light Image Resizer but we will consider a big update of the engine, and as you have noticed we have used a new piece of code to handle the right click / context menu.

could you tell me why you like this feature ? ( I mean the photo are also available as thumbnails in the windows file explorer ) , is it to have a preview of a resized job ? see what could be the thumbnail view for a given resolution etc ?

it will help us to define the feature and see how it could be compatible with a lot of users.
Hello sorry it took me so long to get back to you been kind of busy.

I do understand that Windows 7 file explorer has a option to show thumbnails.
However in some folders I like to use the setting "Details" and in this case having a "Thumbnail Preview" in the context menu with a right click would be nice option. Also I would like the Dimensions, Bit Depth and file type displayed under the "Thunbnail Preview" in the context menu aswell.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

the way you describe it, I wonder if it would not make sense to make a new product ?
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Admin wrote:the way you describe it, I wonder if it would not make sense to make a new product ?
Perhaps :)