Any chance of making Light Image Resizer start up faster?

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

gate1975mlm

Any chance of making Light Image Resizer start up faster?

Post by gate1975mlm »

Long time happy VSO Image Resizer user here and I wanted to say hello :) .

What I really would like to see improved in Light Image Resizer is the start up time.

What I mean is when I right click on a picture and select Light Image Resizer from the context menu I would really like for the Light Image Resizer window to open a lot faster then it does now.

Sometimes it seems like it takes maybe 4 seconds to open.

I wish it could always open almost instantly or at least 1 second or less.

Is that possible?

P.S. Please don't let this great resizer go down hill :)
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

4 seconds isn't that long, even if I understand you would like to have it immediatly.
there are quite a few different libraries to open different formats, I suspect it could be a part of the slow process.

maybe we could make an option to stay in memory, it will be faster, but use memory, so it is not perfect either, what do you think ?
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Admin wrote:4 seconds isn't that long, even if I understand you would like to have it immediatly.
there are quite a few different libraries to open different formats, I suspect it could be a part of the slow process.

maybe we could make an option to stay in memory, it will be faster, but use memory, so it is not perfect either, what do you think ?
As long as it would not slow down the computer too much while being in memory. Then yes I think it would be a good idea to have an "Option Only" to keep it in memory so it can start up faster. I guess it would also need to start up with the computer? In the memory backround I mean so it always starts up fast?

I am sure some users would not want it so it needs to be an "Option Only" of course :)
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

of course, it needs to be an option, keep it in mind, so when we will have a tool and validation than the new company is profitable to keep the developpers to work on new features, it will be added in the todo list.
Dixours

Post by Dixours »

Admin wrote:4 seconds isn't that long

This is more than 10 seconds on my computer... ;)
Image resizer v2.0.1.11 (yes, I love this software for a long time !!) need only 1 second on the same computer. So, maybe it's possible ? Maybe something slows down the start up ?

Anyway, thanks for the good work !
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

indeed it is long, put your computer description to give an idea of the pattern
Dixours

Post by Dixours »

4 Intel Cores : Q6600 (2,4 GHz)

Graphic Card : Nvidia 8800GT (RAM 512 MB)

Vista 32bits

This is not the best computer (of course !) but it's a good one :)