Paid version only prints 50 pages

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
jbattell

Paid version only prints 50 pages

Post by jbattell »

After installing the 7.0.2.1 update, my GreenCloud printer (for which I paid) will only print the first 50 pages. I removed the program, downloaded and installed the ver 7.0.2.1 program, and still only prints the first 50 pages (of a 292 page Word document - Word does send all the pages to the printer). The GreenCloud window does not show an option to upgrade to the paid version & enter the serial number.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

you have the link "upgrade to pro" in the left column of the main screen, you can enter the unlock code there. please confirm if it is ok and we will check if we can make this dialog popup out when you have the page limit.
jbattell

No "Upgrade to Pro" button

Post by jbattell »

No, as I wrote, "The GreenCloud window does not show an option to upgrade to the paid version & enter the serial number." There is no Upgrade to Pro button (see attachment). Since I had previously entered the serial number, I am assuming the program set something in the Registry so as to not display the button. Even after uninstalling and re-installing I did not get the "Upgrade to Pro" button.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

and despite you have entered the key you still see the limitation of the 50 pages ?
jbattell

I am repeating myself, GC will only print 50 pages

Post by jbattell »

Yes, I repeat, "my GreenCloud printer... will only print the first 50 pages" of a document.

I checked the registry, and found two places that show the serial number for GC, once in HCKU (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ObviousIdea\GreenCloudPrinter) and once in HK Users (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4070074553-2703233949-4243682021-1000\Software\ObviousIdea\GreenCloudPrinter). I am guessing that since the serial number is registered that is why I don't see the button for upgrading to Pro.

I think that this problem may have started either with the 7.9.2.1 update, or the previous update. When I first entered the serial number to upgrade to pro I was able to print more than 50 pages.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

ok we found the case, please apply the update ( no need to uninstall / reinstall ) just install this package on what you have already

http://download2.obviousidea.com/greenc ... .0.2.3.exe

let me know if it is fixed
jbattell

Problem fixed - Thank you

Post by jbattell »

I downloaded and installed the update, and I am now able, again, to print more than 50 pages. Thank you for your prompt attention to this problem.

Now, on to the Light Image resizer forum with another problem.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

another problem = another fix :) you put us to our limits :) we like this !
jbattell

Thanks for your prompt action

Post by jbattell »

Thanks again for your prompt response.

I see that a spammer has posted ads on the GreenCloud forum. Too bad that some people abuse this forum.

You might be interested in a post I just put on the Model T Ford Club of America forum ( http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/25 ... 1325771872 ). Attached is a screen shot.
The attachment Model T Forum.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Model T Forum.jpg
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for the post :) we need to spread out the word and get more users to get more feedbacks