Thread: resize multiple images to 4:3 ratio

wildone

resize multiple images to 4:3 ratio

I try to resize multiple images to 4:3 ratio. All the images are high and small. So resizing should add extra space in the width + fill the space with a background colour.
    I can do it with 1 image, but selecting more then 1 will not resize all the image to 4:3 ratio.
    Do I do something wrong or is this not possible?

If it is possible with a payed version then let me know.

Regards,
    wildone

If you set to 800x600 for example and select mode "center" it should do what you want.

wildone
    Phil, if you do that the height of the images is changed. That is not what I want. After doing your proposal all the image are cropped/ The ratio of all the (different) images should be 4:3, whatever width or height they have in the original version. The extra width filled up with selected colour.

Ok, so this is not possible with LIR. It will only resize to fixed dimensions.
    May I ask what you need this for?

wildone
    We have a webshop with more then 28.000 products. Many (>50%) original images are not 4:3.
    Therefore I am looking for a solution to fix those images.
    Every time we get new product images a lot do not have the wanted ratio 4:3.
    An we are not the only webshop.

Hope you have a solution for this.
    Regards,
    Ronald

Hi Ronald,

Did you find a way to do this? I need something similar but need to have 1:1 ration (i.e. square the images). Have several thousand images too.

Thanks

Dave