Remove unwanted portions

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
selvan777

Remove unwanted portions

Post by selvan777 »

Hi,

Thanks for this tool, it's convenient and will save $$$. To add to the savings, I was wondering, before grouping pages, is it possible to first remove selected portions on it? I often find that I only need to print a small portion on any given page of many pages and usually end up treating them as images so I can crop/paste it all into a single page first.

Thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for sharing your opinion, yes, you are right, plenty of things to do to improve. we are working on different part, but for now, we need first more users to validate the current versions and features. Editing EMF ( the output format from the print menu isn't as flexible than a doc or any format you really edit. we can remove block but the rest of content can't follow.

continue to find problem with the current version and let us know what other people thinks about it :) we definitly need more pro version or donation to be placed to continue on the software.

next feature will be the exact cost of paper and ink saved.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

Thanks. Well, I've placed your GreenCloud Printer logo/link on my homepage, with any luck, it will generate more users.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

I accidentally stumbled upon a great feature when I got an HP printer I want to share, it's "HP Smart Web Printing".

Unfortunately, at the time, my priorities were else where and I never delved into it any further as I believe I was having compatibility issues. It may be worth while to share it with the developers of GreenCloud.

http://hp-smart-web-printing.software.informer.com/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/210035/h ... inter.html
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

what is the HP printer you have ?
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

The compatibility issues I mentioned was with it and my version of Firefox, see this short thread. Apparently the developers of it don't care to keep up with the ever changing code of Firefox. I got this thing used from craigslist with no software. Windows used it's basics to install and enable just the print feature. I had to go to HP to get the real stuff in order to utilize it's more robust features. What I got was bundled with this app and I found it could do just that, remove unwanted portions, combine, etc.

It appears, like GreenCloud, it isn't printer specific but, in any case, it's an "HP Officejet 7310xi".
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

I have a HP OfficeJet 6410 , I m looking and see a HP Smart web printing in internet explorer 9, but I don't get how it works ?

I m using Chrome and I could also suggest nice plugin to reformat text and web page before they are submitted to the printer.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

Here's one of many tutorials: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... ct=3551212

I use the incompatible Firefox and and after going through a reinstall of Windows and a CPU upgrade on my laptop, I never did get around to re-installing it so I have not much experience with it, sorry. I do recall it working similarly to the native Windows 7 Snipping Tool, allowing you to clip anything from the web or the desktop like context menus or the Start menu, for printing. It is worth looking into and learning and will have to do so myself.

That plugin for Chrome, is it compatible with Firefox too?