Running two 'campaigns' on two list - hide one list from the other group.

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
Andrew Wilson

Running two 'campaigns' on two list - hide one list from the other group.

Post by Andrew Wilson »

OK, I have one site with two lists.
I want to get freebie registrations to sell the membership of the site to new clients.

I have paying members who are already on the 'paid member list'

I can see that once a person registers with one list they do not see the popups of optin forms for that list.

BUT: If a person is signed up to my paid member list, how can I stop them from seeing the optins and popups for the freebie list?

It is not a problem the other way round as paid members are automatically added to the paid list at the instant of purchase so we actually have no optin forms for paid members.

The reason for wanting to hide the freebie optin from paid members is that i don't want to confuse members by chasing them to join a list that is of no benefit and, frankly, to get some screen real estate back. ;)

Thanks,
Andrew.
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi Andrew,
WPS work with cookies to hide the form, the only way is to put the cookie to the paid member (for example on the first page of the member area)
To create the cookie, find in the source code something like that :

var COOKIEHASH='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';

the cookie will be
submitxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the value submitted

for example if you find
var COOKIEHASH='6d82898754eec39e7857ef340659de8d';
create the cookie
submit6d82898754eec39e7857ef340659de8d with value submitted

Regards,
JC
Andrew Wilson

Post by Andrew Wilson »

Thanks for that; I understand the concept but will have to learn how to do it. ;)

Thanks for the fast response, this is a very useful plugin. When I have the cookie thing sorted I have an idea about using the registration popup and content protection functionality.