Grayscale not working - with latest update

Eco-friendly virtual printer driver to save money, save trees, and exchange your documents with popular cloud storage services
Lorane

Grayscale not working - with latest update

Post by Lorane »

Hi When I turn grayscale on and then tell GC to print, it quickly changes the grayscale to OFF so that color prints. I'm using a Brother 9560cdw - windows 7 professional. This is with 7.7.50 version.

Thanks,

Lorane
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Hi Lorane,

Sorry for the inconvenience! There was a bug causing this behavior.

Please try again with this updated version:
http://download2.obviousidea.com/greenc ... update.exe
Lorane

One more thing on the grayscale issue

Post by Lorane »

Ok - now the grayscale does work, but could you make it "sticky" - I think it used to stay on grayscale until you clicked on it to turn it off. Now it stays off - I'd prefer it to stay ON - or better yet - have it stay on the last setting you were using. I suppose some people might always want to print in color and some people might always want to print in grayscale and only occasionally print in color. With a "keep last grayscale setting" - both sets of folks would be happy with it, I believe.

Thanks for the fast update!
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

There's a new option controlling the behavior, so what you can do: click on Settings and uncheck "Respect printer's default settings" (on the first tab). This should make your choice permanent.