GreenPrinter - Keyboard Shortcuts

Make a wish - suggest new software idea
in this section, you can post your idea of software ObviousIdea could develop
Deispring

GreenPrinter - Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by Deispring »

I have tried looking around and cannot find any keyboard shortcuts to the commonly used actions in the printer GUI. I know if you hit ENTER it will automatically print the job, but if you want to send it as an email, save as a PDF, etc you must use the mouse to click on the link. I know this does not sound very time intensive, but I got this program SPECIFICALLY because of how smoothly and effortlessly it allows me to print a document to my email program. I do this at least 100 times a day. That, when I have to click on the email icon each time, does add up in time quickly. So, a simple addition of ALT + E for Email, ALT + P for PDF, and so on.

It would also be nice to have the option to have the program close after sending it to Email or PDF, as often times I either print it or send it via email, not both. (the option for each would be even better).

Otherwise, I love the software, and my life and company are much better for it.

Thanks.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Thanks for your feedback! I'll see what I can do about the shortcuts and other option, shouldn't be too much work to add...
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

In addition to [Ctrl+P] for printing, I have now added the following keyboard shortcuts:

[INDENT][Ctrl+S] - Save as PDF
[Ctrl+E] - Send by Email
[Ctrl+D] - Send to Dropbox
[Ctrl+G] - Send to Google Drive
[Ctrl+M] - Send to Minus
[/INDENT]

Grab the update here:
http://download2.obviousidea.com/greenc ... update.exe
Deispring

Post by Deispring »

Thanks for that update. There are 2 more ideas I had that could be quite useful.
1) There is an option available now to close the client once a page has been PRINTED, but not for the other options. I quite often use the Email option ONLY, so it would be nice if this option was available instead of having to close the program after completing my email. (BTW, I have yet to fine a better working program to export a printed file to an Email)
2) In direct relation to the above noted question, it is possible to have any switches in the program to instigate specific operations without confirmation, IE having 2 or 3 "Virtual printers", 1 to Print directly with certain options on or off, a 2nd to automatically send to email without directly opening the Greencloud Gui, things like that.
Of course, the 2nd question might be a bit hard to implement, and both may be a bit complicated, but you never know until you ask, and as I've already gotten sum advancement, I figured I'd give it a shot. As I said before, still a great program as it is and love it. Use it daily, and I mean 15-20 times a day, MINIMUM.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

1) This should be possible. Do you think a new option would be required for this, or should it just close for all destinations when the "close after printing" option is enabled?

2) I understand this could be useful for several scenarios. Unfortunately, our driver solution doesn't allow us to add more virtual printers easily.