Facebook Connect Not working

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
hgill

Facebook Connect Not working

Post by hgill »

Hello,

I have tried everything to get facebook connect to post on the users wall, but it is not working for me.

I tried the following code, and I have created an app in facebook.

<fb:login-button size="large" v="2" perms="email,publish_stream" autologoutlink="true"></fb:login-button>

Please help!

Thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

a new version will be available soon, we will send you a beta version for you
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

actually the version 1.50 is fixing this, so please let me know if you have still any issue.
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

I am trying to get Facebook connect to show up on my opt-in popup....i added <fb:login-button size="large" v="2" perms="email,publish_stream" autologoutlink="true"></fb:login-button> in the html editor...i setup the connect button to work in traditional and php mode....still not working. There is no Facebook connect button that is showing up....also, how do I connect to my company page at Facebook, rather than my personal page.
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

I am using the php mode, i created the new page in wp, copied the link into the wpsub facebook setup page, created link.......linked to new facebook connect link in opt-in popup, click the link and it loads to a white page....

Please help!!!

How should my Facebook app be configured?
I am thinking that this could be the issue...
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi,
Normally you have all the informations about your app here : https://developers.facebook.com/apps
after you must enter this informations in WPS (Facebook Option > General Configuration)

And now you can use <fb:login-button size="large" v="2" perms="email,publish_stream" autologoutlink="true"></fb:login-button>

You can see a live example here : http://www.wpsubscribers.com/demo/categ ... esign.html
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

I noticed that the page that I created with the facebook listener php file does not display when i try to visit it:
http://www.omnimedfinancial.com/facebookpage1/

Is that a problem?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

If you didn't put "Redirect URL after login" in general Setting, yes the page is blank because it's just a listener

You can try this link : https://www.facebook.com/login.php?api_ ... ish_stream

You mus receive a email from Mailchimp and the page redirect to http://www.wpsubscribers.com/demo/facebook-ok
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

Facebook connect has screwed up my site....
When I now go to my WPS settings page, I see the activate fields where it wants my email and member id, there is also "Array ( )" above the fields....

I would uninstall the plugin and reinstall but I am going to lose all of my referral email text etc....
How do I fix this?
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

If you didn't put "Redirect URL after login" in general Setting, yes the page is blank because it's just a listener
Is this a setting at the Facebook app developer page?
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

WEIRD....now i can get into the settings and the site is working better....let's move on to getting this facebook connect working please.
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

I went to only the traditional connection mode....entered suggested code to show button, nothing shows up...ugh. Why is no button, text, or anything showing up in opt-in form for fb connect?
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

<span style="font-size: large;">
<span style="font-size: large;"><span style="font-size: large;"><span style="font-size: large;">-</span> Receive our newsletter<span style="font-size: xx-small;"></span></span><span style="font-size: large;">
- Access articles<span style="font-size: xx-small;">
</span></span><span style="font-size: large;">- Receive general updates<span style="font-size: xx-small;">
</span></span><span style="font-size: large;">- Access client services
<fb:login-button size="large" v="2" perms="email,publish_stream" autologoutlink="true"></fb:login-button></span></span></span>

That is the html code for my popup......not working for the fb connect at the end of the code.
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Hi Joe,

Can you verify in the facebook apps, if you have the same Migration Parameters ?