READ THIS FIRST : WPSubscribers problems, troubleshoot check list

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

READ THIS FIRST : WPSubscribers problems, troubleshoot check list

Post by Fabrice »

Most of the support we received can be quickly and easily adressed, by following this checklist

- do you have activated the plugin ? after an update the plugin may not be installed correctly make sure it is activated in the plugin list of your wordpress web site.

- Do you have a cache plugin ?
Plugin such W3 Total Cache are known to cause some issue, a new version will adress this, but before, please check if WPSubscribers works with your cache unactivated

- Turn Off the preview mode ... some people forget they will see the popups and forms if they turn "Admin preview" , please check the status of this .

- If nothing appears, please check your rules and especially don't forget, it's normal to not see anything once you filled the email or close the dialog box, to check again, you need to clean the cookies. another great way to test is to use 1 browser ( chrome for example ) for development, and another browser ( firefox ) for testing.
Use the private / incognito mode, will force the test browser to not store or use the cookies, it's a fast way to test your popups.

- Jquery version of your wordpress themes. this one is a little bit more technical but found a few days ago. WPSubscribers uses JQuery but your theme can too. you need to check the current jquery version of your theme as it may needs to be updated. it is the case, we will do another thread to explain what to do and how to update it.

- If you have a problem after an update, just desinstall and reinstall the plugin, it works most of the time. be sure you have updated all the other plugins. Also , please be sure your web site works without WPSubscribers ( desactivate it ) , if it doesnt, it means there is ANOTHER problem also to fix.
monty

Popup doesn't work after following all the checklist

Post by monty »

I've tried all the checklist bur nothing.
Website is: presenterimpossible.com
Theme Generate/Genesis Framework
WordPress 3.3.2.

I've tried to update jquery but nothing.

I can see the footer form but popup no way :(

Any help?

ps: the popup was working untill 1 week ago (are you aware of conflucts with last release of genesis framework=)?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

Hi , genesis is special indeed, I remember I fixed something for a customer, but I did it on his configuration directly. At least we weren't aware of any problem with the new release.we can check together, please add me on skype ( or facebook if you prefer : fabrice meuwissen ) and we will check together.I m interested to see how to make sure genesis won't be a problem.I m trying to load your website to see the scripts and javascript used.
bradesp

Post by bradesp »

Admin wrote:Hi , genesis is special indeed, I remember I fixed something for a customer, but I did it on his configuration directly. At least we weren't aware of any problem with the new release.we can check together, please add me on skype ( or facebook if you prefer : fabrice meuwissen ) and we will check together.I m interested to see how to make sure genesis won't be a problem.I m trying to load your website to see the scripts and javascript used.
Just installed WPSubscribers with Genesis 1.8.1 (child theme is in progress, so working with the base Genesis theme right now) on WP 3.3.2 and find that while it's possible to configure and display the opt-in forms, there's a serious problem: one can't actually do anything on the page (e.g. click links). This happens when WPSubscribers is the only plugin activated, so the conflict has to be with Genesis itself. The site is at dev.gearstream.com, but I have it behind a maintenance mode plugin at the moment. Ping the developer: sallie at wpfangirl dot com if you want access.
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi there,

I notice that every time I update wp-subscribers, something doesn't quite work out right...

I followed all the trouble-shooting tips below:
cleared cookies
checked that preview mode is turned off
check cache
deleted the plugin
reinstalled the plugin

One of my custom forms shows up perfectly - the one after each blog post here

But the one in my header - set to display on every page has totally disappeared.

Please help!

Thank you muchly :)
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi - forgot to add that the custom form in the header on every page was working perfectly up to the latest update.
Thank you!
:)
britesprite

Post by britesprite »

Admin wrote:Most of the support we received can be quickly and easily adressed, by following this checklist

(snip)
This may come under the "check your rules" section, but specifically check your "Other Settings". I just installed WP Subscribers and was happily trialling stuff when it suddenly disappeared. After a bit of digging I found my "I want my XXXX to show for..." numbers were set a only 10 displays in 7 days so I tweaked it to a ludicrously large number and they started to reappear again.

Makes sense, assuming these are per person. However if this is the case this is per person per browser as I could still see the work in progress on a different browser. Also appears to effect display even with "admin only" mode on, which does seem a little daft.

Hey ho, onward and upward!
alistripling

Post by alistripling »

Hello! I'm having issues too. I've activated the opt in on all pages...but it doesn't come up either. I've troubleshooted all the steps. Can you advise? http://www.cornerstonecreative.net Thank you!
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi, do you have anaother plugin with a popup or a lightbox on it ? It's seems there is a conflict with another popup system ?
alistripling

Post by alistripling »

Thank you, Jean-Christophe, I fixed the problem. I deactivated WP Pretty Photo and it works. Thank you again!
netbillboards

Post by netbillboards »

Hey there,

I just purchased the plugin, but am concerned now because we are running on the Genesis framework. Should I be?
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a silly problem - I can't upload the wp-subscribers plugin - it's too big :(

I don't have FTP access to make changes to the .ini file and making changes to the themes functions.php file to change the upload limit isn't working.

Are there any other options for me to upload this brilliant plugin to my site? Can I make it smaller somehow?

Thank you!
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi
the FTP acces is not to chance the .ini file but to upload the files.
Normally there is one person who have the FTP acces ? can you send the zip to this person to upload the plugin ?
If not the only way I see is to install a FTP plugin in WP and upload the files with it

Regards,
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi Jean-Christophe!

I've just gotten FTP access for the site but can only upload wp-subscribers in zip format and of course this won't work.

The FTP won't let me upload the expanded wp-subscribers plugin folder :(

What else can I try? This is very weird problem.
Fabrice Meuwissen

Post by Fabrice Meuwissen »

you should not upload in zip but all the files in the folder /wp-content/plugins