Forms and mailchimp

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
DannyOutlaw

Forms and mailchimp

Post by DannyOutlaw »

1. When using Mailchimp (MC) with WP Subscribers (WPS) is it mandatory for the MC confirm page to pop open in a new window? Anyway to make this not happen?

2. When using MC and some fills out the form, they get redirected back to the website homepage and not the post they were on. How can we fix this?

3. When someone opts-in, the form still shows up even though I have auto disable on.

4. The above problem also causes the hide until opt-in feature to not work, which is super important to me.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

do you have a test page, I can check for you ?
nico_pn

Post by nico_pn »

Hi Danny,

2. The configuration of your "thank-you page" have to be done on mailchimp.
Here is how to do it : http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/can-i-d ... mailchimps

3. To disable the popup after opt-ins, you have to toggle off the section "Auto disable this form after visitors optin?"
Menu : Create Opt-in Form (left sidebar) -> Post opt-in form -> More Settings -> Auto disable this form after visitors optin? (the last item)

I hope this two points will resolve all your problems.
DannyOutlaw

Post by DannyOutlaw »

@admin

The url is http://www.pictalopro.com I have the post form and hidden form in use for downloads.

I think I have figured out that the problem is, or at least part of it......

After you enter your email, you are redirected back to the homepage and not the page you filled out the form on. Thus, the code thats added to the url is added on the homepage, not the page the user just entered their email on.

Im on skype during the week as DannyOutlaw and I may be on some this weekend.

@Nico

2. That solution would take them to a new page. They need to stay on the same page for this plugin to be useful.

3. I have that turned on already.
DannyOutlaw

Post by DannyOutlaw »

I figured out #1. I had selected the "open in a new window" box on the "other settings"

But the rest of the problems remain.
DannyOutlaw

Post by DannyOutlaw »

OK. I have concluded that the problem lies with a conflict with w3 total cache.

How can we fix this?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

conflict ? what part of W3 Total cache are you using ?

CDN, Page Cache ?
DannyOutlaw

Post by DannyOutlaw »

Im utilizing every part of it. I use cloud flare cdn, but that doesnt seem to effect it. Im happy to set up a time to IM on skype if we can set something up.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

yes, we are connected by skype already, it's a problem with the cache in general, I didn't know cloudflare was producing this problem too.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

yes, we are connected by skype already, it's a problem with the cache in general, I didn't know cloudflare was producing this problem too.

I guess we really need to make more indeep test. in the same time, if W3 Total cache is the only one to have this problem ? and what part causing this ?

For example Nico from WPSubscribers, found this review,
http://www.rswebsols.com/tutorials/word ... ing-plugin

on my very personal , I prefer W3 Total Cache for the CDN ( with Amazon Cloudfront ) fonctionnality, but we would be glad to get more users feedback, if they tried several.

Testing ( again ) cloudflare is on my list too. such testing takes time to setup and to measure ( google page speed ? )