Suggestions for improving WPSubscribers plugin

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
cunamis

Suggestions for improving WPSubscribers plugin

Post by cunamis »

Hello, the new WPSubscribers team,

First of all I would like to say that WPSubscribers are really cool Wordpress plugin. But it has some several drawbacks on it, which I thinks needs to be removed and the functionality has to be improved.

When I bought this plugin I was choosing between two plugins - WPSubscribers and Subscriber magnet (because they are similar plugins to each other). I chose WPsubscribers because it had more functions, which I need and it cost less.

But when I bought WPSubscribers I got a head pain when I needed to update my my opt-in forms. I think it is rather difficult to update it for unexpierenced users. And biggest disadvantage of this plugin is uncomfortable opt-in forms integration.
  • First thing, which you should integrate to this plugin is live opt-in forms demonstration in admin panel. Now, when I want to check how does this form looks on my website, I have click the save button, go to the page, where this form should appear, press refresh, and only then I can check see how does it looks. If I need to edit something, I have to do everything again... This is very, very uncomfortable, and only because the lack of this future I was thinking to as a refund, because it looked incomplete for me. But after a long decisions I still stayed at this plugin.
  • I think there should some templates of opt-in forms.
I was already writing now about color palettes integration, but I see that you already fixed this.

Recently, Glen Allsop created OptinSkin plugin, which I awesome I think, and I'm already thinking to combine both plugins, but I am still not sure what I will be doing with promoting them. As I am going to promote only products, which don't have any disadvantages, I think this product should be improved a little bit.

I think you could even take some great ideas from Subscriber Magnet and OptinSkin and create a really cool product. Which I would be really happy to recommend to my readers.

Hope you'll fix this. Good luck with your job!

Regards
cunamis
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for your message, I understand you read about our situation, so indeed, for this time, we are still in the process to understand the code and to fix and improve things based on the current users request. your feedback is very important, and don't hesitate to contact me directly too ( skype = supermimai )
we will release soon another version for performance and fix.
But yes, you are right , there are many things to do, adding new templates, improve features, color profiles etc..

in your specific case, I don't know what you would like to do, and if you have a sample link of how you use wpsubscribers, it would help to understand what you have and then what you would like.

for the other plugins you mentionned, I will try to find them but if you have the links it will save me some time.

it's a special week end ( easter days ) but we will be glad to continue to discuss about schedule with users
cunamis

Post by cunamis »

Here is Subscriber Magnet and here is Optin Skin.

It is just a recommendation to check these plugins and maybe you will get some cool ideas how to improve your plugin. Because I think WpSubscriber is really great plugin, but it is needed to update it with some features. As I said for me the most troubles was that there isn't live opt-in form demonstration in admin panel That makes lots of troubles and difficulties to create opt-in forms.

I understand that it is a little bit difficult for you to work on this when you bought it from other owner, but you are doing really great job here.

Keep working guys and you can earn a lot from this plugin! :)
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

I just had to come here to write a raving review about WPSubscriber, and Fabrice in their IT department. I have been running my company site on WP for about 2 years...I have tried literally hundreds of plugins and the experience that I have had with WPSubscribers has been the best of all. I was having some conflicts with plugins, and my site was taking 25 seconds to load.....although WPSubscribers is a plugin that creates popups and allows people to opt into my Mailchimp server for newsletter purposes, Fabrice took the work from the standpoint that the plugin will work best if everything else is optimized. We spend a considerable amount of time IMing on Skype and using Remote Sessions to test and troubleshoot.....My site now loads in less than 4 seconds and the plugins are cleaned up, working right, and I am very pleased. We are also planning to do more optimization....Fabrice is amazing and truly an asset to WPSubscriber and anyone or anything that can call on his services! Thanks WPSubscriber and thanks Fabrice!
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks for the message, and sorry for cunamis, I didn't look at Subscriber Magnet yet.. but we did some research with another competitors and released a new version and post a new article to optimize things

http://forum.obviousidea.com/threads/40 ... oad-faster

let's hope we will progress in the near future, we try to get a good overview of the general issues faced by customers first.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

Just to let you know at least we bought a copy to evaluate the difference in this OptinSkin plugin