W3 Total Cache - CDN Problem

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
rocknroll

W3 Total Cache - CDN Problem

Post by rocknroll »

Hi Admin

I have just brought the WPSubsriber Plugin last night and installed it on one of my wordpress blog. After installation when i tested at Pingdom, i noticed that all the files which was previously served via MaxCDN (Using W3 Total Cache Plugin) are now served via my Original Hosting Company.

I have tried deactivating the plugin - Nothing Happened
I have installed the cloned version (Version - Before installation of WP Subscribers Plugin) of the blog on Test Blog, it doesn't work either.
I have checked and rechecked the Preview Mode as mentioned in other thread, nothing seems to be working.

Any Suggestions...
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

we don't have your web site details. so we can't check.
for now I would say WPSubscribers isn't the problem because it doesn't impact the hosting of any files. We could quickly review if we had your skype or access, and see how it was configured.
Ben Hammond

Post by Ben Hammond »

Hello admin.

I am having the exact same issue and it is definitely an issue with the plugin. Although WPsubscribers may not impact the hosting of files on it's own, there is something in the code that inhibits the transfer of files from my server to MaxCDN via W3tc. When uninstalled, files load from the CDN seamlessly; but when enabled, files are blocked from loading from my CDN.

This was never an issue before the latest update making it "w3tc friendly". Worked famously before the update. Any assistance, or future update making this truly friendly with the leading wp cache plugin on the marker would be greatly appreciated. Fredrick Townsend himself just fixed my issue and the culprit was indeed WPsubscribers.

You have a fantastic plugin here, just needs a little tweak :)

my site is www (dot) greenmi.net

Apache version 2.2.19
PHP version 5.2.17
MySQL version 5.0.95-community
Architecture i686
Operating system linux
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi,
Yes we have disableb the use of W3tc for WPS, it's because with W3tc the popup appear all the time (the code is in cache and don't update the cookies).
You can desactive it directly on the code, it's in the file output.php, in the first line you have

define('DONOTCACHEPAGE', true);
define('DONOTCACHEDB', true);
define('DONOTMINIFY', true);
define('DONOTCDN', true);
define('DONOTCACHCEOBJECT', true);

you can comment the line you don't like

Regards,
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

we are aware of the limitation, we would need to write a big part of the plugin to make it fully compliant, and we have some code in our internal lab, but only for popup for now.
roberth

Post by roberth »

Admin wrote:we are aware of the limitation, we would need to write a big part of the plugin to make it fully compliant, and we have some code in our internal lab, but only for popup for now.
Hi I am a new user of wpsubscribers and have come across the problem where the optin popup repeats when using W3 Total Cache. When I look at your updates there is mention of a fix in version 1.5.1, is this a fix for this or something else (is there somewhere I can look for a more details on this?)? Is there any work around for this as disabling W3 Total Cache is something I do not want to do. Also I see above you mention some updated code, when will this become available?

thanks
webmarketingmaster

Post by webmarketingmaster »

Has this issue been resolved? I just installed WP Subscribers on one of my blogs that is also using WP supercache and it killed my page load speed. With WP Subscribers activated I get 26 sec/page and without I get 1.6 sec/page.

Could this be because WP Subscribers is stopping the caching somehow or is it possible that WP Subscribers is conflicting with another plugin?

thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

the way the plugin is written and the fact you won't like to see the popup even when subscribers have filled their email, force it to not be compatible with cache.
it works with cache like CloudFlare because it is caching it with cdn optimization.
webmarketingmaster

Admin wrote:the way the plugin is written and the fact you won't like to see the popup even when subscribers have filled their email, force it to not be compatible with cache.
it works with cache like CloudFlare because it is caching it with cdn optimization.
So... For most bloggers with even a medium size wordpress site this plugin is not an option. This is obviously because caching is required with just about any decent size site with even average traffic.

When do you anticipate that this will be resolved because this is a major limitation to the plugin?

OR, is there a work around because I really only want to use the optin popup feature and I only want it to pop up once when the first page loads. But I do need WP Supercache to work.

thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

well I disagree, look at the traffic of ObviousIdea.com which is using it .. it is just not the only optim to do. you will gain much more with minifying or CDN like CloudFlare.

I wonder why you have a such big difference with and without it ? ( server performance ) , it would be interested to know why
webmarketingmaster

Admin wrote:well I disagree, look at the traffic of ObviousIdea.com which is using it .. it is just not the only optim to do. you will gain much more with minifying or CDN like CloudFlare.

I wonder why you have a such big difference with and without it ? ( server performance ) , it would be interested to know why
Im glad your interested in knowing why because I am as well. I will try to send you a PM now so we can try to figure it out.

thanks
Govindji Patel

Post by Govindji Patel »

Admin wrote:well I disagree, look at the traffic of ObviousIdea.com which is using it .. it is just not the only optim to do. you will gain much more with minifying or CDN like CloudFlare.

I am using Amazon cloudfront in W3 Total Cache and All this time I was puzzled why I was getting Donot CDN defined and when I read this post and deactivated wpsubscribers plugin and check my source code after I log out and is not there anymore.

So is diffidently wpsubscriber plugin conflict

I will keeping eye on this post
calastudio

Post by calastudio »

Would be great to see WPS and W3TC work together. W3TC is probably the best and one of the most popular plugins on Wordpress. I have unfortunately had to make the decision on which to uninstall and it's WPS that has had to go. I don't like wasting money so what is the refund policy for WPS?