Duplicate profile

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

silverwolf

Duplicate profile

Post by silverwolf »

Hi,

I am missing an option to *duplicate* a profile.

Sometimes I want to change two or three details without changing the profile. As it is now I have to create a *new* profile and to insert all data from scratch - or is there a way to make some changes and save this with a new profile name?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

Hi ,

you don't need to do it from scratch, if you change a setting from a profile, you should see a dialog to save it under a new name ?

you would expect another button to "copy" a profile ?

Fabrice
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

If I change a setting for example inside the profile HDTV (720) and then quit the program, it asks me to save the changes. But it does NOT offer me a dialog to save it under a new name. It always overwrites the old profile - which is not what I want.

If I create a sophisticated watermark and want to assign it to several profiles, it would be handy to have a "Save as..." button.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

ok to move forward about the request.. a save as [name] dialog in the exit dialog would be the best action to do for now ?
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

Yes, I think so.

As well as a "Save as ..." button right to the New and Save buttons and left to the Delete button.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Actually this is possible, but not so *ahem* obvious ;)
If you right-click on the profile selection, a little menu will open, letting you duplicate or rename the profile. The functionality should be moved to a more visible location...
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

Ah, yes, it's there! Thanks for the hint, Phil.

In the meantime I solved it by manually editing [...]\AppData\Roaming\ObviousIdea\resizer4_profiles.ini