Opt-in Pop Downloadable Document Issue

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
cbw6852

Opt-in Pop Downloadable Document Issue

Post by cbw6852 »

Hello,

This should be a basic answer but I can't find the answer.

I installed the plugin and everything is working fine. I created my first pop-up and it worked. However, when I inserted my email address nothing happened, the pop-up just went away.

My question is: if the goal of the popup is to have them download a PDF, where do you put the logic for the PDF to be sent to them? I checked my email address and nothing was sent to me. Also, can you create a confirmation box with a download link instead?

Thanks,

Chris
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

you mean without collecting their email in a service such as mailchimp or aweber ?
cbw6852

Post by cbw6852 »

No, with collecting their email address first. Currently, I use mailchimp and have set up the opt-in code in wp subscribers. I can get the pop-up and email entry form to work, but when the user clicks 'Download' or whatever the you make the button says, nothing happens. The email address is not sent to mailchimp and I don't see a place to program what will happen once the email address has been added.

Here are my questions:

1 - When the pop-up comes up, I enter my email address hit download, and then never see that email address again. It doesn't go to mailchimp. Any ideas?

2 - Is there a logic to show a confirmation screen after they've entered their email address saying "check your email for the document"

3 - I'm assuming that the download of the PDF all has to happen through the existing list specification in an email server, is this correct?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

I guess we really need to look at how you have configured it, because I didn't get you didn't receive emails ( user I mean ) from mailchimpabout question 2 ) , that's done by mailchimp confirmation
cbw6852

Post by cbw6852 »

Hey,

I figured out the issue. See screen shots. Once the user clicks 'download' it goes to the mailchimp confirmation page one.

1 - User inserts name and email and clicks 'download'

2 - Send user to mailchimp confirmation page where they can get access to the

The issue is that this does not provide enough flexibility with what you can download.

Are there other actions that I can make happen when a user clicks on the 'download' button?

You can see the process here http://blog.heatspring.com

Thanks,

Chris
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

honestly, I think you should put the download link in the email confirmation sent by mailchimp. we can review this together but you need to contact me as soon as you wake up ( tomorrow and the day after, I will be quiet in the office ) I did something similar with a serial key delivery for this software, if you want to review the process I used with mailchimp : http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... d-printer/