Light Image Resizer uninstall part contains virus when you uninstall

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

has anyone else had this Malware when they uninstalled image resizer 4 (PWS -SpyEye!e

Poll ended at Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 am

Yes
7%
No
50%
have not uninstalled
14%
aint worried (you should be )
No votes
going to have a look
14%
PWS -SpyEye!env.a is on my computer
7%
PWS -SpyEye!env.a is not on my computer
7%

Total votes: 14

Darrell Thomas

Light Image Resizer uninstall part contains virus when you uninstall

Post by Darrell Thomas »

when i uninstalled Light Image Resizer which i downloaded from Giveawayoftheday and i run programs in sandboxie but when i uninstalled Light Image Resizer this part contained the virus so here it is (MALWARE PWS -SpyEye!env.a C:PROGRAM FILES/OBVIOUSIDEA/IMAGE RESIZER 4/UNINS000EXE) and don't tell me my computer must have had the virus already on my computer as it wasn't so what i did after i uninstalled Light Image Resizer i scanned my computer for any virus and then i downloaded Light Image Resizer again and installed it and when i uninstalled it again i got it again so its the program Light Image Resizer that contains the virus so watch out OK (MALWARE PWS -SpyEye!env.a C:PROGRAM FILES/OBVIOUSIDEA/IMAGE RESIZER 4/UNINS000EXE) and yes this is a virus Ive checked it out the internet thanks i bet one of you say oh the virus was already on your computer or i downloaded the virus with the image resizer yeah right its the program that contains the virus so watch out i would uninstall it asap as its watching every thing you are doing and you only see it when you uninstall image resizer 4 OK people :mad:
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

I replied to you by email already.. you don't even mention your antivirus and from where you have downloaded it... of course we test for virus, with http://www.virustotal.com a web site to check a file for virus with more than 20 antivirus !
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

I just uninstalled obviousidea Light Image Resizer Version 4.0.4.4 Beta and I do not see this PWS -SpyEye!e Malware anywhere!

I am using Avast 6 AntiVirus and also Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Uninstaller seems to be very clean for me :)

If PWS -SpyEye!e Malware is on my computer I don't see it.

Where should I be looking?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

thanks to people who voted. I checked the file with virustotal, and obviously we are testing on different computers, no problem so far.