[Problem] Light Image Resizer and Right Click

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

manolog3

[Problem] Light Image Resizer and Right Click

Post by manolog3 »

Hello!

I installed the newest version of Light Image Resizer, but i don't have the right click option, that gives you the quick selection to resize the images.

How can i turn this option on?

Thank you in advance!
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

there is an option you can turn off during the install, please check again if you didn't turned it off.
after it depends on the operating system, what are you using ?
and did you reboot after the installation ?

also the right click menu is checking the kind of files you are selecting, you need to click on a .jpg for example and right click from this.
bill

Post by bill »

I have the same problem with latest version 4.3.2.2 on Windows 7 64 bit. There is no "Quick Profile" menu item in the right-click menu when switched on in the options. The "Light Image Resizer" right-click menu item is ok. If I roll back to 4.0.9.0 it works ok.
flogger123

Post by flogger123 »

Looks liek we need to wait for the next release then. I'm pretty much sure that this will be addressed.
leo8888

Post by leo8888 »

I recently purchased the program just for this feature and now I find that it does not work. I get the "Light Image Resizer" in my right click menu but quick access to selected profiles does not work. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice. My operating system is WinXP Pro. I sent a note to support but have not received an answer yet. After seeing the dates on these posts I am wondering if I will even get a response?
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

we remove the quick access to profiles, as very few persons were using it. Yes, we are late on support email, but I guess you sent it less than 24 hours ago ?
leo8888

Post by leo8888 »

Actually I sent my email to support on Friday but I can understand being backup up. I'm surprised you would remove that feature, it seems to me to be one of the handiest things for someone who does a lot of batch resizing? It is actually the main reason I purchased the program since I haven't found any others yet that would let me specify size and resolution for batch resizing, apart from Photoshop which is like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Since all the menus for it are still in place under settings would it be hard to re-enable that feature?
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

To re-enable the old shell extension, download this:
http://download2.obviousidea.com/hidden/rszshell.zip

Unzip everything to your Image Resizer installation folder, then right-click register.bat and select "Run as administrator".
The old shell extension should be available after reboot.
leo8888

Post by leo8888 »

Phil,

Thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Dan
eono

Post by eono »

I find this feature very handy too. Now using files provided by Phil. Thanks, but I think it could be available as an enable/disable switch in options.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

For those who need it, there's a new add-on package available for easy installation:
http://download2.obviousidea.com/hidden ... ellext.exe
bill

Post by bill »

Dear Phil,

The shell extension doesn't work for me with the latest version 4.7.2.0. I get the right click menu item (with the old icon) but it has no Quick Profile item. The shell extension setup appears under Advanced Settings but it doesn't add the extra menu item.

It was working with 4.3.2.2 ok.

Uninstalling the resizer program doesn't remove the old shell extension, you have to use the unregister.bat from the zip file. Installing the shell extension with the installer doesn't give you an uninstall option.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Bill,

not sure why it doesn't work anymore. I'm preparing a new solution though, which will work natively. The only constraint: it requires Windows 7 or higher, but I think that's ok?
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Version 4.7.3.0 now available on our website includes the new implementation for QuickProfiles. Feel free to try it, and let me know how it works for you!

You will have to remove the old shell extension manually with unregister.bat if you were using it before.
bill

Post by bill »

Beautiful! Thank you so much for doing that. :)

Is there a reason why Desktop Resolution and Original Resolution aren't available in the quick profiles?

The reset to stock profiles isn't working for me. All my user profiles remain. EDIT: actually they are gone after I restart the program!

Importing profiles requires answering yes or no to "Some profiles already exist. Do you want to overwrite them?" for each profile imported. That's 28 clicks for me! Ouch.

After import the quick profiles contains both pre and post import entries. i.e. it seems to respect the QuickAccess=TRUE flag but not QuickAccess=FALSE. EDIT: actually it is ok after a restart.