Resizing Custom Opt-In form...

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
Being Blissful

Resizing Custom Opt-In form...

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi there!

Let me start by saying I really love WP Subscribers - I've figured out how to do everything myself (well, up until this point anyway!).

I cannot seem to change the size of any of my custom opt-in forms.

I change the pixel size and save it (rather than leaving it the default "flow to size automatically" setting) and nothing changes to the form appearance whatsoever.

They are HUGE!

Have a squiz here at the bottom of a blog post to see what I mean... I would like the form to be the same width but half the size in height.
Blog post custom opt-in form(scroll down to see what I mean)

I've put custom opt-in forms in widgets in sidebars with no problems at all but at the moment I'm trying to put a custom form in a widget area in my header and it's HUGE not matter how small I make the width and height in the settings.

Please help!

Thank you!
:)
Being Blissful

Please help with resizing custom opt-in form...

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi there!

Just touching base again - I really need some help with this issue. Is there anybody out there?

Thank you!
nico_pn

Post by nico_pn »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

To resolve your problem you have 2 solutions.
The first one : go to your Custom form settings. Click on "more settings" and change "Form Height: (Leave blank to auto set height)" value.

The second one : in "more settings" add this code in "Custom CSS":
#ia-optin-form .ia_title {
height: 120px;
}

Take care,
N.
[CENTER]« Mais les grands hommes ne naissent pas dans la grandeur : Ils grandissent. »
Mario Puzo (Le Parrain)

Nicolas Pène
Développement Personnel
Charisme
popup Wordpress plugin
[/CENTER]
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

I have tried adding the custom CSS also - changing the form height and width makes no difference at all. The form will not go smaller.

There is still a lot of excess space that I cannot remove - see what I mean here...

Thank you!
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

it sounds the limitation is defined around the custom popup rather the popup itself, so the changes would need to be done in the theme
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

Hi,
If you see the code of the optin, you have this line:

Code: Select all

<p><span style="font-size: medium;"><strong><em> </em></strong></span></p>
It's means you enter an empty line in your content, try to delete all empty line in your content and the space between "discover how to fall in love with your marketing!" and the form will be disapear.

Hope this help
Being Blissful

Post by Being Blissful »

Hi Everyone!

Thank you SO MUCH for your beautiful support!

Jean - you were totally right - I removed the extra line and now wp-subscribers is looking all pretty and small - just like I want it!

I'm doing a happy dance of celebration right now!

See the end result here!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!