Should EXIF tags have formatting when renaming files?

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

1ND160

Should EXIF tags have formatting when renaming files?

Post by 1ND160 »

Hi! I recently asked the support team of Light Image Reizer to add a feature to rename photos using EXIF tags, this feature has been added in version 4.0.6.6, now I would like those tags to allow me to format the DATE_TIME (YYYY-MM-DD_HH-NN-SS) so I can rename and sort my photos by the date and time the photo was taken. I need other users to agree and support this idea so it can be added in a newer version, besides It would be really usefull to create new profiles when RESIZING AND RENAMING FILES so they can be CALLED with 1-CLICK from the shell context menu, Now, that would be really productive. Don´t you agree? Please support this idea to get the improvement going!!! Thanks
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

I agree with the idea, especially because the exif date can be formatted a little bit in the watermark feature.
it would also also to sort photo in the same folder by date and time even when you use several digital camera for the same events ( like wedding )

let's hope you will find more users from popular photo forums for this feature request to be moved on top of the list
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

Request supportet, definitely!