Think you could add any more crap to the installer?

previously known as VSO Image Resizer

Moderator: Fabrice

alan1476

Think you could add any more crap to the installer?

Post by alan1476 »

This is really disappointing. I have been using this for many years and it never had this much crap on the installer. I wanted to do a review on my forum for this new program but when ESET has to block 3 outgoing packets to other IPs, when installing and deselecting all the crap, its not good. I like the program, but the installer has to change.
Fabrice
ObviousIdea

Post by Fabrice »

and I understand your point of view... but, even with the crap, it makes more revenus than people who registered, tell it as you want, but I have just no choice and I have to live with that to keep it maintained and build other programs.
in the other hand, 92% of people are able to install it without sponsors...
alan1476

Post by alan1476 »

Admin wrote:and I understand your point of view... but, even with the crap, it makes more revenus than people who registered, tell it as you want, but I have just no choice and I have to live with that to keep it maintained and build other programs.
I was also able to install the program without the sponsors but that did not stop the program from sending out packets of information to other IPs. I also write software and yes I understand the need for some return on your great work, but what I do not understand is the outgoing information without the customers knowledge.
Samoreen

Post by Samoreen »

Admin wrote:and I understand your point of view... but, even with the crap, it makes more revenus than people who registered, tell it as you want, but I have just no choice and I have to live with that to keep it maintained and build other programs.
As a former software author, I disagree. The adware installation should be disabled or the adware removed for those users who have registered. Do what you want with the other users. This behavior is very unusual and unfriendly to those who have elected to support the development of your software by registering.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

We understand your concerns, so the installer has been updated. Now you can choose or not to install the ObviousIdea addon under additional tasks!