Keep album private when uploading?

Easy Photo Uploader for Facebook, a shell extension for Windows to share photo album with Facebook without the need to be connected to the Facebook web site
cashonly

Keep album private when uploading?

Post by cashonly »

I have the version of Easy Uploader that allows me to upload to my FB page. I use it to both create and load the album. Is there any way that I can have Easy Uploader create the album as private and then change it to public when everything is uploaded?
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Usually, when you create an album with Easy Photo Uploader, you can set its privacy. Facebook doesn't allow it for page albums though, so they will always be public.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

Where do you specify "Self"? I see a dropdown that has "Friends Only", but it's grayed out.
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

You're probably referring to my original post. I edited it after I saw you were talking about pages. In contrast to normal albums, Facebook doesn't allow the privacy to be changed for page albums. That's why the option is unavailable.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

Bummer! The annoying thing is that my album gets posted to my Page's wall (and followers feeds) before I'm ready for it to be there. And I often have to post to many albums, so they get one for each album which can be a case of overposting. I'd rather get them uploaded and then just post the links on my page. Any idea/suggestions on how to accomplish this?
Phil
ObviousIdea

Post by Phil »

Unfortunately no. AFAIK it's not possible to avoid the album being posted to the wall.