Facebook Connect Not working

Best Wordpress plugin to engage your users and collect their email. You can use header alerts, popups, or exit pages, and it works with any popular emailing service such as Mailchimp or AWeber
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

2 of the settings in the enabled/disabled section were enabled, when your image shows that they should have been disabled.

This was for the July and Aug 2012 breaking changes...I fixed my app....now what? Thanks.
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

It worked! Do people get plugged into my mailchimp list when they sign in through FB?
joecap1

Post by joecap1 »

It worked, now it is causing errors.

When I go to the WPS panel, it asks me to activate....I also notice that it is causing issues with s2member pro plugin......what now?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Post by Jean-Christophe Bisoux »

yes, it is the purpose of facebook connect
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

the S2member plugin use facebook connect ?
technolife

Post by technolife »

Hi Jean and Joecap1,

I also cannot get this to work with Facebook Connect, when I use the PHP Connect method it always hangs on a white page like joecap1 just said, with all that session characters in the address bar like ?session={%22session_key%22%3A%22

I have tried everything and cannot get this to work and am getting really frustrated? Please help what is the problem and what exactly do I do?
It never returns to the page I specify, and it never posts the message I put to the Facebook wall

I have latest version of wordpress, w3 total cache with amazon cdn, put in getresponse code

Is there some STEP BY STEP instructions for setting up the Facebook connect part? which is the best method and what exactly is required for it to work?

Also is there a way to use general configuration way and change the Facebook Connect image to something bigger and better and also instruct it to return to a particular page after login?

Thanks guys would really appreciate help :)

joecap1 wrote:Domain where white page loads:
http://www.omnimedfinancial.com/faceboo ... 4125%22%7D
Jean-Christophe Bisoux

Hi,
can you give me the url of your web ?
you would like to people who use facebook connect will be subscribe to your list ? in this case you can use normal facebook connect : http://www.wpsubscribers.com/tutorials/ ... utton.html
in this tutorial, you can also replace the subscribe form (form an existing popup) with the facebook connect, in Create Optin Form use Disable Subscribe Form: and chose Disable - Replace with Facebook connect

Regards,
technolife

Post by technolife »

Hi Jean,

Thanks I saw that tutorial and followed those instructions to the letter but it will not work, when I click the button nothing happens at all? I put the code from <fb:login-button size="large" v="2" perms="email,publish_stream" autologoutlink="true"></fb:login-button>

When I use the PHP Facebook Connect link it hangs on a white page and does not go back to the url specified, I got the same error as Joecap1 said, what causes this and what can I do? e.g. ending in ?session={"session_key"%3A"2.AQBUsNmOqxtFBdMy.3600.1341334800.0-722840450"%2C" ... etc
Also does the PHP method create a user account for them in my blog?
Jean-Christophe Bisoux wrote:Hi,
can you give me the url of your web ?
you would like to people who use facebook connect will be subscribe to your list ? in this case you can use normal facebook connect : http://www.wpsubscribers.com/tutorials/ ... utton.html
in this tutorial, you can also replace the subscribe form (form an existing popup) with the facebook connect, in Create Optin Form use Disable Subscribe Form: and chose Disable - Replace with Facebook connect

Regards,
Jose Noel A. Karunungan

Post by Jose Noel A. Karunungan »

It looks like this problem is not yet fixed. I am having the same problem.

I am using the Facebook traditional connect method and followed the steps given in the plugin. A visitor can click on the generated button and the Facebook popup shows. The usage is also shown on the Facebook app statistics. The plugin can detect that the visitor has signed up-- I can tell because the signup forms no longer shows after a successful Facebook signup. However, the visitor's email is NOT ADDED in MAILCHIMP. What is going on? What additional configuration steps are needed to get this to work?
Antonio Cesar

Post by Antonio Cesar »

Ola I have version 4.2.2 and my facebook conect accuses the following error: Unable to contact the server facebook, if this condition persists, contact the admin. Anyone have a fix for this bug?